Physical Therapy for Chronic Pain and Survivors of Trauma
If you need physical therapy for your chronic pain and would like to volunteer to be in this study, you will be given one or the other type of PT. We do not know which type is best and that is why we are doing this study. You will complete some questionnaires and physical therapy tests before you start your PT, and after you complete 6 PT visits you will complete the same questionnaires and tests again.
YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE IF YOU:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Are a refugee and/or New American
- Have chronic pain (neck, back, extremity pain and /or headaches (not migraine))
- Have an experience of trauma (physical/emotional) that can be contributing to your chronic pain
- Can walk at least 20 feet with or without an assistive device
WHAT IS THIS STUDY?
This is a research study to compare physical therapy treatments used to address chronic pain and disability in people who have been exposed to physical and/or emotional trauma and are refugees and/or New Americans.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS OF THIS STUDY?
There are no costs associated with this study.